4000 Islands Trip
3 Days / 2 Nights
Day 1: Pakse
Depart from Pakse, heading south aboard a local long-tail riverboat arriving at Champassak in time for lunch at the local landing. After lunch, tour the mysterious pre-Angkorian 10th century temple of Vat Phou, the boat’s namesake. As dusk falls, board the Vat Phou, your home for the next two nights whilst cruising down the river. Dinner is served on board, whilst the boat docks for the night at a remote Lao village.
Day 2: 4000 Islands
After breakfast continue downriver, bound for the village of Huai Thamo, only a few minutes walk away from the spectacular, hidden forest temple of Oum Moung. Afterwards, rejoin the Vat Phou cruising southwards into the wild paradise known as “4000 Islands”. Here, visit Khong Island and thevillage of Muang Kong, where the traditional way of life has not changed in centuries. Back on board enjoy a quiet dinner under the stars, serenaded by the night sounds of the river.
Day 3: Pakse
Set off on longtail boat to explore Si Phan Don and its French colonial relics. Lunch at a riverside restaurant is followed by a land transfer to Pha Pheng waterfalls before transferring by road to Pakse.
End of Service
Tariff: Based on twin sharing room (PER person)
- All land transport & transfers listed on the itinerary
- All accommodation as listed
- All meals as listed on the itinerary
- All entrance fees
- Services of an English Speaking guide throughout the tour
- All services as listed in the itinerary, including the Mekong river boat trip
- NTA and Lao government tax
Price Does Not Include:
- Laos visa fee (Visa on arrival 30 USD on week day 31 USD on weekend)
- Meals other than those mentioned in the program
- International or Domestic airport departure tax
- Personal drinks at meal times
- Vat 7% and CC 4%